Associate Director, Chris Harper
Email: [email protected]
About Original Reads
Please note Original Reads are not auditions, they are not performances. They are not judgment panels or discussion groups. And they are not ways into being cast in Original’s work. We read to inspire the Original programme, to inform the Original programme, or just becasuse we’d like to hear the play.
Submitting scripts to OTC
Written a great script you think we’d like to produce?
Original Theatre Company have an in-house Literary Panel who read play submissions from writers both known and unknown to the company.
All suitable scripts submitted to [email protected] will be read by our panel, with an aim to email feedback to writers within 6-8 weeks. (We are currently a small team so please do bear with us!)
If the panel feel your play is of interest, we may arrange an informal Original Reads session with our AD and producers in attendance to hear it out loud, and discuss future development.
Before submitting your play to OTC, please make sure you’ve looked at our guidelines below:
Guidelines for Playwrights
- First and foremost, please go see our work! As a mid-scale touring company, seeing our plays and taking a look at our production history will give you an idea as to the breadth and scale of the work we love to produce, from classic revivals to adaptions and new writing.
- Our shows tour regionally across the country and often to venues with 500+ capacity. If your script is a one act play or a two-hander Studio show, please be aware it’s probably not going to be right for us at this time.
- At present, we are unable to respond to commission proposals without scripts attached, unless writers are already known to the company.
- We aim to live up to our name in everything we do. So we encourage you to be bold, be brave and most importantly be Original – the world is your oyster!
- Don’t forget to add the title of your play in subject heading of your email!
Please send your script and a brief introduction of yourself to [email protected] We look forward to reading your work!